- Kanye West
- Nicki Minaj
- 50 Cent
- Lil B
- A$AP Rocky
- Fat Joe
- Queen Latifah
Please stop fucking acting like Macklemore is this special snowflake for being a rapper who supports gay marriage. I know yall love to pretend that black people are homophobes, so obviously the music we make must be homophobic, but that is bullshit and Wacklemore is not the first rapper to publicly support gay marriage.
thank you lovely : D you should send me your link so i can follow. the more woc the merrier!
His Blog seems like a blog appreciating Black Women.
He posts some good pictures but HE DOES NOT APPRECIATE BLACK WOMEN
HE STALKS BLACK WOMEN
FETISHIZES BLACK WOMEN (ONLY SEES THEM AS SEXUAL OBJECTS)
WHEN BLACK WOMEN HAVE ASKED HIM KINDLY TO TAKE DOWN PICTURES OF THEMSELVES FROM HIS BLOG, HE REFUSES
HE HARASSES BLACK WOMEN AND MOCKS THEMOh god, everyone avoid/block this person.- first
So tumblr user mcharrilennostarr asked me to come up with a list of things to help empower women of color. I took a bit of time to think about it and here’s what I came up with.
- I will hold my head high when people expect me to be looking down at my shoes
- I do not exist within the confines of your stereotypes
- I will fight against the status quo when the status quo alienates me
- I will not smile when I do not want to smile
- My body is mine and only mine If I share it with you that is a privilege and not a right
- I do not exist as your sexual fantasy
- I will recognize that those in power will never give me the tools I need to overthrow them. I will find those tools myself.
- I will not be your caretaker. Your mother, your mammy, your nanny. You will need to learn to take care of yourself.
- I will take care of myself first
- I will not listen when I’m told white people and men are more intelligent than I am. They aren’t and I’ll prove it.
- When I am tired I will say I’m tired. When I am sad I will say I’m sad. When I am weak I will say I’m weak.
- I will love who I want to love
- I will laugh in the face of my oppressors when they try to tell me it is me who is oppressing them by daring to speak out against them
- Sometimes I may be the damsel in distress. That is a right that I am entitled to. Sometimes I will cry for assistance and expect to be helped.
- I will abandon eurocentric beauty ideals
- I am not your one-night-exotic-stand. You say you’re feeling feverish over me? I hope the illness kills you.
- I will not submit to you because you do not own me
- I can be feminine if I want to. I can dress how I want to.
- I am always on the team that protects and empowers women of color
- Decolonization is a daily struggle. When I feel like I am drowning I will reach out for help from my sisters. When I feel as though I can no longer stand I will ask for a shoulder to lean on. I know that I am not alone. There are millions of women who are standing with me.
Please add to the list if you think of more!